An experimental virtual instrument created for sound designers, beatmakers, musicians and producers
Dreamsynth, is the first Cherry Audio’s original virtual instrument after a blockbuster year of highly acclaimed adaptations of vintage classics. Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s.
Dreamsynth’s innovative design blends flexible dual-wave morphing oscillators, stereo filters, a fully polyphonic string synthesizer, extensive and easy-to-use modulation, and studio-quality effects, all in an elegant vintage-style synth interface. Dreamsynth also includes comprehensive support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE), allowing articulation of every note for greater expressiveness. And with over 1100 outstanding presets created by an impressive group of 11 sound design pros, users will find that immediate inspiration is only a click away. “When we conceived Dreamsynth, we were heavily influenced by some great synthesizers of the era, like the Ensoniq ESQ-1, the Kawai ‘K’ series, and the Sequential Prophet VS,” said Dan Goldstein, CTO and lead developer at Cherry Audio. “The combination of sampled digital oscillators with the warmth of analog filters has a character that still resonates with us today.”
– Three dual-waveform oscillators, amounting to six simultaneous virtual analog or PCM sample-based oscillators with up to 16 voices of polyphony
– Authentically modeled virtual analog waveforms, plus 430 looping, one-shot, and single-cycle PCM waveforms
– Fully polyphonic 16-voice string synthesizer which can be layered and split across the keyboard independent of the primary synth
– OB-style 12 dB/octave multimode stereo filters
– Extensive and accessible modulation capabilities, with 20 mod sources and over 40 destinations, including effects. Routings are immediately accessible through our innovative interface with individual pop-up menus and invertible knobs.
– Three tempo-syncable LFOs
– Arpeggiator with tempo sync, independently assignable to the synth and string sections
– Fully modulatable effects include multiple distortion and sample-crushing options, a 12-stage phaser, chorus, flanger, rotary speaker effects, delay, and reverb, including our new “Galactic” reverb algorithm
– Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
– Support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) — Pitch, Channel Pressure, and Timbre — making Dreamsynth capable of more organic and expressive performances when using MPE-compatible controllers
– Extensive online documentation covering every feature and providing practical tips and examples
– A massive library of over 1100 presets from a wildly talented and diverse group of sound designers including James Terris, Katharine Fountain aka FOUNTAINS, Julian Pollack (J3PO), Julie Kathryn (I AM SNOW ANGEL), Huston Singletary, Mark Wilcox, Dave Polich, Joseph Holiday, Agent Method, and Venus Theory
Info: Cherry Audio