The new major release makes creating fast and easy with new Smart Templates, intuitive frag-n-drop workflow, a customizable user interface and powerful, integrated tools.
Studio One 6, the latest version of the company’s award-winning music production software for macOS and Windows. Studio One 6 is the most recent chapter in the evolution of one of the bestselling digital audio workstations in the world, featuring industry-leading innovations, mixing improvements and the most advanced user interface customization options available. Version 6 makes audio content creation fast and easy, with everything you need to record, produce, mix, master and perform in a single intuitive application. Studio One 6 is available for purchase as a perpetual one-time license, or as an annual or monthly subscription to PreSonus Sphere via PreSonus.com and participating dealers. In addition to the latest two versions of Studio One Professional, PreSonus Sphere members get access to expanded collaboration tools in Studio One and online, Community, exclusive educational content, all PreSonus software and add-ons giving the best value to creators and the ultimate Studio One experience. With additional landmark innovations in the works for future iterations, Studio One 6 is just the start of the rollout of a new and improved feature set to support recording professionals.
Studio One 6 offers major new features and enhancements to boost creativity for seasoned professionals; moreover, the redesigned and customizable user interface helps creators focus on the task at hand. Studio One 6 is available in both perpetual (priced at $399.95 USD for Professional) or as part of the PreSonus Sphere subscription, which gives members every upgrade for free. Going forward, PreSonus Sphere members ($14.95/month or $164.95 annual) will always have access to the current version of Studio One Professional as well as one version back, giving them the freedom to upgrade whenever it works best with their projects.
Studio One 6’s top new features include:
- Smart Templates: New Smart Templates combine preconfigured tracks and channels with a customized user interface and automatic download of required content to get started recording and producing right away. Smart Templates provide essential tool sets for the tasks at hand, including basic recording, beat making, mixing stems, mastering an album, setting up for a live show and more. Smart Templates include a convenient drop zone to easily import needed content like audio, video and MIDI files as well as interactive tutorials with instructions and links to related video content.
- Customization Editor: The new Customization Editor provides a convenient and easy way to show or hide nearly all tools and functions, customizing the user interface to create a streamlined, focused workflow for the task at hand. First-time users, seasoned professionals and everyone in between can create a Studio One™ interface customized for their needs. Best of all, customizations can be saved to recall at will — a few for essential workflows are provided as jumping-off points.
- Industry-leading Lyrics Support: Studio One™ 6 now provides powerful, industry-leading lyric support. Lyrics can be added to scores, MIDI productions, audio sessions – even live performances! Use the all-new Lyrics Display as an editor, a teleprompter or a quick, innovative way to navigate a lyric-laden production. When working with Score or Piano view, lyrics can be attached to notes word by word or by syllable. Lyrics can also be transferred to the Show Page to use during rehearsals or performances.
- Global Video Track: Content creators and sound-to-picture professionals alike will appreciate the all-new Global Video Track and its intuitive workflow. Add video clips by simply dragging video files onto the timeline. The Video Track can hold an unlimited number of video clips, making it easy to work on multiple reels of a feature film in a single session. Video thumbnails are generated automatically to provide a preview for easy navigation. A dedicated sub-track is provided for embedded audio to use as reference, complete with mixer channel, full plug-in processing and output routing options.
- Advanced PreSonus Sphere™ Collaboration: Studio One™ 6 deepens the integration with the PreSonus Sphere™ fully loaded with powerful, cloud-based collaboration Workspaces, using convenient sharing options and built-in sync options right from the main menu. An all-new comprehensive installation window lets members quickly explore, download and install exclusive PreSonus Sphere™ content, with a variety of display, search and filter options.
- New Plugins: It wouldn’t be a Studio One™ upgrade without new and improved Native plugins and version 6 is no exception. The Studio One™ new De-Esser is an efficient and intuitive tool for taming vocal sibilance and other high-frequency sounds. The new Vocoder is a creative playground that lets users turn a voice or any audio source into a unique synth or effect. Finally, the ever-popular ProEQ, Autofilter, Mai Tai, Sample One XT and Presence XT have all been significantly enhanced and improved.
Pricing is as follows:
PreSonus Sphere™: ($14.95/mo., $164.95/yr. USD or €12.20/€134.10 EUR)
Current PreSonus Sphere™ members will receive Studio One™ 6 in their accounts at no extra cost.
Studio One 6 Professional digital audio workstation for macOS and Windows: $399.95 USD
Studio One 6 Artist: $99.95 USD
All previous Studio One Professional versions to Studio One™ 6 Professional Upgrade: $149.95 USD
All previous Studio One Artist versions to Studio One™ 6 Professional Upgrade: $299.95 USD
All previous Studio One Artist versions to Studio One™ 6 Artist Upgrade: $49.95 USD
Studio One Professional 30-Day Demo*: Free & Studio One Prime*: Free