The new devices boast high-speed USB 2.0 connectivity and Rupert Neve Designs input transformers.
During MusikMesse 2018 Steinberg showed two new audio interfaces born from collaboration with Rupert Neve: UR-RT 2 and UR-RT 4. Designer for serious project studio sers, UR-RT2 and UR-RT4 are compatible with all audio editing, mastering and music production software that supports the ASIO, Core Audio or WDM standards.
Under the hood we find D-PRE Class-A discrete mic preamps from Yamaha and switchable Rupert Neve Designs input transformers. Steinberg UR-RT interfaces are powered by Yamaha’s custom-designed SSP2 DSP chip, that boast a dspMixFx technology which offers latency-free monitoring together with virtual effects such as REV-X reverb, the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics. With hardware, Steinberg provides a Cubase AI license, a lean version of Steinberg’s advanced music production system.
– 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interfaces with analog I/O and MIDI I/O
– Class-A D-PRE mic preamps featuring switchable Rupert Neve Designs transformers and supporting +48 V phantom power and Hi-Z options
– Rugged full-metal housing for ultimate durability
– Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Channel Strip, and Guitar Amp Classics
– Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, macOS and iOS with Cubase AI and Cubasis LE music software included